Speaker: Nana Dr. Dankawoso I
Speaker: Nana Dr. Appiagyei Dankawoso I
President of the Ghana National Chamber of Commerce & Industry
Topic: Business and Investment Opportunities under AGOA in Ghana
- CURRENT WORKING EXPERIENCE/LEADERSHIP
1/ President: Pan African Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PACCI) 35 Countries.
2/ President: Ghana National Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
3/ Vice President: Federation Of West African Chamber of Commerce and Industry
4/ Managing Director: Marine & General Insurance Brokers Ltd, Accra.
5/ Executive Chairman: Speak, Write International School, West Legon, Accra.
6/ Board Member: West African Examination Council (WAEC), Accra.
7/ Honorary Member: GIMPA, Accra.
8/ Board Member: University of Cape Coast Business School, UCC.
9/ Vice Chairman – Juaben Rural Bank Ltd., Juaben-Ashanti
10/ Vice Chairman: PML Children Hospital, Accra.
11/ Chairman: Vesta Oil Mills Ltd, Kumasi.
12/ Board Member: Samara Group of Companies, Accra. (SASSO)
13/ Executive Chairman: Nkosuo Microfinance Co. Ltd, Accra.
14/ Board Member: Ghana Ports And Harbors Authority
15/ Board Member: Eximbank Ghana
16/ Board Member: National Petroleum Authority (NPA)
- FORMER PLACES OF WORK/EXPERIENCE
+ 2009 – 2011: Accra Regional Chamber of Commerce & Industry – Regional Chairman
+ 2008 – 2010: Ghana Insurance Brokers Association – National Treasurer
+ 1996 – 1999 Ghana Education Service: Supt. of Education (Teacher) Afigya Sekyere, District Agona – Ashanti
+ Vanguard Assurance Co Ltd, Accra: Deputy Manager Motor Claims Dept, Head Office, Accra
+ 2001 – 2002: Asante Students Union (UCC) – President
+ 1996: Offinso Training College – SRC President
+ 1995 – 1997: Teacher Trainees Association of Ghana – Co-ordinator (Ashanti & Brong-Ahafo)
+ The Methodist Church Ghana (Effiduase Diocese) -Director of Music
- INTERNATIONAL ASSIGNMENTS
Leader to Business Delegation and signing of Memorandum of Understanding on behalf of Ghana Chamber of Commerce & Industry and others: Abuja (Nigeria), Belgium, China, India, Geneva (Switzerland),Italy (Treviso and Torino), California (U.S.A), The Gambia.
- PROFESSIONAL WORKSHOPS/SEMINARS
Nana has attended several professional workshops/seminars both in Ghana and abroad:
+ RESEARCH WORK
1/ The effect of micro credit on livelihood of Beneficiaries in Evidence from Juaben Rural Bank Ltd.
2/ The impact of state oil palm plantation on the lives of the people of Juaben in the Ashanti Region Ghana.
– Offinso Training College (O.T.C): On – Immense Contribution to the Development of the College (Occasion- 50th Anniversary, February, 2007)
– Princess Marie Louise Hospital (PML Children’s Hospital, Accra): On – Dedicated and Meritorious Service to the Hospital. (Occasion – 80th Anniversary, May, 2006)
– Car Rental Association of Ghana: On – Innovative Ideas, October, 2005
– Juaben Senior High School: On – Dedicated and Meritorious Service (Occasion – 36th Anniversary / 2nd Speech and prize giving day, March, 2008.)
– Methodist Church Ghana(Effiduasi Diocese): On – Dedicated, Contribution and Meritorious Service (Occasion- 10th Anniversary, February, 2008.)
– Juaben Traditional Council: On – Membership of 40th Anniversary Planning Committee (Occasion – Nana Otuo Siriboe II 40th Anniversary, Dec. 2011.)
– SDA Church, Oakland, Market Street, California, USA. (Occasion – Humanitarian and Excellence award, August, 2013, On – Special African Service.)
– West African Nobles Forum Award
1/ Lawyer Kwabena Asante Krobea: Board Chairman, Juaben Community Bank, Juaben – Ashanti
2/ Nana Otuo Siriboe II: President – Juaben Traditional Council, Chairman – Council of State, Ghana, P.O. Box 5, Juaben – Ashanti