Attend AGOA Festival with Alfa
RULES AND REQUIREMENTS
AGOA Festival Awards is an initiative to promote AGOA benefits by supporting Emerging Talents from Africa. The pilot project will support those involved in Fashion Industry and Journalism / Blogging, especially the women.
- Get the Journalist / Blogger involved in AGOA benefits promotion on social networks and build their capacities through Workshop / Master class by American Top Media during the Festival
- Train Emerging Fashion Designers in AGOA export procedures, assist them to increase their production and give them an opportunity to showcase during the Festival and access to US Buyers and Retailers
- Establish a distribution network in the US with the main Retailers (online and stores) for more African Apparel presence
- Promote the Top African Models during the Festival
- Candidates must hold the citizenship of the African Country AGOA Eligible they wish to represent and aged 18 to 35 (age waiver possible)
- Applicants must have their business based in Africa. The African Countries AGOA Eligible are: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Chad, Cote d’Ivoire, Comoros, Congo, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia.
- Target: Fashion Designers, Bloggers, Models
- Applicants must have verificable experience in their field of activity (at least two years in the business with editorial coverage and online presence)
- Phase 1: Request and submit a Preliminary Application, accompanied by a 400 word biographical statement, which should include a summary of the applicant’s career, editorial coverage, link to website, photos, lookbooks. Request it by sending a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phase 2: Once their application is accepted, Applicants must purchase an IAD number available Here
- Phase 3: Applicants must promote AGOA benefits on social networks and invite their Fans / Supporters / Public to support their application
- Phase 4: Crowdfunding Campaign: Applicants have one month from the date their application is accepted to sign 100 IAD in their network to support their participation fees to the Festival
- Phase 5: Capacity Building Training – Workshops – Visa Application – Participation to the AGOA Festival Activities
- For the Fashion Designers: AGOA export ready capacity building, Air France – KLM Round Trip Air ticket to attend the Festival, Transportation from Airport to Hotel and to the Event Venue, Participation to the Workshops, Master Classes, Conferences, Presentation of a Collection of 15 Ensembles to US Buyers and Retailers, Exhibition space during the Festival, 3 days Tourism activities with Photo shooting, Online promotion and sales in the United States after the Festival, Gift bags from Sponsors and Partners.
- For the Journalists / Bloggers: AGOA benefits capacity building for social network promotion, Air France – KLM Round Trip Air ticket to attend the Festival, Transportation from Airport to Hotel and to the Event Venue, Participation to the Workshops, Master Classes, Conferences, Official accreditation to cover the Festival, Networking opportunities during a 3 days Tourism activities after the Festival, Advertising opportunities on your Blog from the Festival Sponsors, Gift bags from Sponsors and Partners.
- For the Models: Advertising opportunities to promote AGOA Apparel and Textile Products, Air France – KLM Round Trip Air ticket to attend the Festival, Transportation from Airport to Hotel and to the Event Venue, Participation to the Workshops, Master Classes, Conferences, Official Participation to the Festival as Models, Castings opportunities with American Top Model Agencies, Networking opportunities during a 3 days Tourism activities after the Festival, Gift bags from Sponsors and Partners.
- Click here to see details about the 3 Days Trip (New York – Los Angeles – Miami)
PARTNERS AND UNDERWRITERS
- Air France – KLM: Air France and the Royal Dutch Airlines KLM have become the largest European Airline Group. They are the Official Carriers of the AGOA Festival.
- World of Alfa (Alfa 225): Presented by Hollywood Superstar Boris Kodjoe, his Brother Patrick Kodjoe and James Brown, World of Alfa is an International Fashion Company offering high quality Custom-Tailored Clothing for Men and Women at affordable prices.
- Bizness Group LLC: is a New York based Company promoting US – Africa Cooperation through African Growth & Opportunity Act (AGOA)
- A’frican Clothing: is a Registered trademark at the United States Patent and Trademark Organization promoting African Apparel, Textile and Footwear in the United States with the motto “Made in Africa for America”. It works as an AGOA Export Consortium.